CareWorksComp offers a professional unemployment compensation cost control program. Our experienced team provides a unique, customized approach to each individual employer customer, tailoring our solutions to maximize your unemployment tax savings. Avoid the financial impact a mismanaged claim or tax rate calculation error can have on your business for multiple years.
This service is provided to our Workers’ Compensation Group Rating and Group Retrospective customers only and includes the following telephonic consulting:
- Pre termination – discuss employee disciplinary issues to help increase win ratio claim results.
- How to complete unemployment claim forms, file appeals and reduce overpayments.
- Tips on claims protesting according to state agency requirements.
- Recognizing what types of separation issues are good to challenge to a hearing.
- Information to prepare for an unemployment hearing and what to expect.
- Steps to verify and protest erroneous benefit charges.
- Understanding unemployment liability and the claim impact on employer tax rates.
- How to handle work refusals based on state agency requirements.
- Review your assigned tax rate, appeal options and additional tax savings opportunities such as
voluntary contributions and joint account rating.
Our comprehensive unemployment compensation program delivers unique, customized solutions to help our customers reduce and control their unemployment taxes and lower operating costs.
CareWorksComp’s staff averages 20 years of unemployment claims and tax management. Our staff helps reduce your administrative burden.
- Claims Management
Experienced, well-trained claims consultants will aggressively protest and appeal all unwarranted claims. Employers can avoid claim penalties and meet statutory requirements. No more dealing with time-sensitive and lengthy claim questionnaires.
- Claim Impact/Analysis
A thorough review of each determination ensures accuracy and maximizes potential savings. CareWorksComp provides financial analysis to determine tax rate impacts of particular claims. This is information businesses need to know in determining when or if to protest a claim as well as for tax budgeting.
- Hearing Preparation/Representation
Save time and hassle by consulting with CareWorksComp on which separation issues are appropriate to challenge at hearing. Representatives conduct pre-hearing conferences so all employer witnesses know what to expect.
- Benefit Charge Auditing
The improper payment rate for most unemployment state agencies is high. CareWorksComp’s auditing system will automatically check for erroneous charges applied to your account. We protest errors and track them until a credit is received.
- Customized Management Reports
CareWorksComp will provide you with customized reports, making them a valuable tool in reducing your unemployment costs.
- Account Review
Your assigned Account Executive can consult with you to review your unemployment experience and provide an in-depth analysis and solutions to reduce costs.
- Tax Analysis
CareWorksComp can offer tax analyses, including rate verifications, joint account analysis and voluntary contribution recommendations.
- Account Monitoring
Since unemployment rules and interpretations are subject to change and vary among state agencies, CareWorksComp provides ongoing attention to monitoring employer accounts, detecting errors in state agency processes and taking appropriate action for resolution on behalf of our customers.
- Review of Disciplinary Issues
Discuss employee issues and disciplinary documentation with CareWorksComp prior to the employment termination to help increase win ratio claim results.
Educational sessions can be held at your location for managers and supervisors.